People are still reblogging this. ASDFGHJKL.
Using the power of the transcript wiki and a poorly-coded c# app, I’ve generated a list of the most-used words in vlogbrothers videos.
- I didn’t count words fewer than four letters long
- This list is as accurate as I currently care to make it, but I don’t guarantee its accuracy
- Contractions had their apostrophes removed (I stripped any non-alpha characters from each “word” before counting it)
- This includes videos by Maureen and dialogue by anyone other than John/Hank that appeared in a video
- This assumes the accuracy of the video transcripts, which in general are pretty good
Nerdfighters! I’m sure you all know about the wonderful, wonderful transcription wiki, right? NFs work together to transcribe each video when it’s posted, and then those transcriptions are uploaded to the actual video as youtube captions, which is very, very helpful and useful for lots of people.
Lately, it’s been taking days (or weeks) for new videos to be transcribed, and this means the captions aren’t able to be made/uploaded super quickly, which is lame!
If you have a bit of free time and/or are feeling especially awesome, head on over to the wiki and pick out a video that’s listed as untranscribed (on the right) and transcribe it! Every little bit helps!
Now that I have the attention of any Nerdfighters in the general vicinity, it is time for some shameless self advertising from Admin Ella.
You see, I happen to be part of a vlog with five other Nerdfighters (the fellowship of the Ning). We’ve been going for a year now and have seen success only in the form of being tweeted by Hank Green and having Philip De Franco make an intro for us. We are lacking in the subscriber area. So, I beg of you to take a look and maybe subscribe, even if only so you can gawp at me (I do Friday’s videos if you’d care to look. Also, my favourite people are Wednesday and Sunday).
Much love :D
NO WAY YOU RUN THIS BLOG?
I’VE BEEN FOLLOWING THE NING FOR MONTHS NOW.
I LOVE IT. YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME.